Sunday, March 11, 2012

La Quinta Art Festival

Looking my best for my 2 day stint as a volunteer Ambassador for the LQAF. 230 artists from all over the US and 1 Cdn. plus 270 volunteers. It was upwards of 82°F, more than 100,000 patrons, and works of art in the $1000's. People were shopping.
These are so me. I had to have them.
Artist: Denise Robertson, NM
Something I could afford!
A gift from Randy Strong ~ glass blower extraordinaire! Randy is recognized as a leader of the American Studio Glass Movement. He is the winner of the 2005 and 2008 Niche Award, being #1 in the Nation. His sculptures are a part of collections ranging from the Corning Museum of Glass to the Louvre. Owen and I both saw his 'A life Lived At 2300 Degrees' slide show and talk where he touched on his 45 year artistic journey.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Nadine... lovely work on the photography, signatures, and posting. I adore the "dominoe" earrings. In fact, I want to make some myself if I can. Saw them in one of the magazines from Kandy and I thought they were just very cool to have them cut in half the long way. Excellent selection. And, the gift heart that you told me about is absolutely beautiful. You are such a lucky woman. Love and hugs from Alaska. Karen

    ReplyDelete