Monday, April 21, 2014

2003 Introduction to the blog group Belle Papier

Forever young at 54 I live on the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia with my wonderful DH of 20 years, a view of the ocean and cedar trees that sway in the wind in our yard.  Our 30 year old son lives in Vancouver (a 35 minute ferry ride away) and works in the movie industry.  And the good news is I am approaching early retirement next May (YAHOO!!!)  we broke ground on July 15, 2003 for my new studio.  From this 600 sq. ft. addition I will be able to pursue my passion.  Making and teaching book arts.  I have "created" in some form of art all of my life - weaving, spinning, dying was an earlier passion.  I've dabbled in fimo, sculpting, painting, always creating in various forms of paper art.  I have made it, painted it, pasted it, stamped it, folded it, scultpted it, cut it, printed it and collaged it.  And for the last few years I have been making books.  I love making books, altered books and recycled books.  I teach book arts and travel to workshops and classes where I learn and share and gather inspiration.  I include found objects and collage in my pieces.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment